1. How can I become a seller on your platform?
It's easy and free! Create your seller profile here
Once your profile is set up, you'll receive an email from us with all the important information about how to upload your vocals, payouts, etc.
We welcome singers of ANY genre and in ANY language!
2. What types of vocals and toplines can I sell on your website?
At yoursoundmate.com you can choose between uploading a full topline (2 verses, hook) or just a hook and/or a verse (under the category hooks & verses).
When uploading your vocal you have to check a box if your vocal should be sold as a non-exclusive vocal (that means it can be sold various times to an unlimited amount of buyers), or as an exclusive vocal (that means it only can be sold once and one buyer gets the exclusive right to monetize it).
3. Which instrumentals can I use to record my toplines?
We recommend downloading free Youtube instrumentals ("No Copyright", "Free Use", "Royalty Free") to record your toplines (e.g. with this link) or you can browse through or collection of instrumentals (sent to you in your welcome email).
For cover song recordings we recommend using the Karaoke Version on Youtube.
You can even upload vocals from songs that got already released, but make sure you have the right to do so.
4. How do I upload vocals on the site?
- Log in to your account here
- click upload vocals and then add product button
- fill out the fields regarding your recording (key, bpm, genre, mood)
- upload your artist image (square)
- set the price for your product
- upload your zip folder
- upload your mp3 demo
- click save - done! (if there's a red error pop-up, check your files and try again)
- your topline needs to get approved by our admin which takes about an hour - you're ready to sell!
5. Can I set my own prices for my toplines and vocals?
Yes, you can!
For full toplines we recommend:
- Non-exclusive usually 29.99 - 69.99$ (that also includes cover songs)
- Exclusive vocals usually 299 - 999$
For Hooks & Verses (they are automatically non-exclusive) we recommend a price between 7.99 - 19.99$.
6. What has to be included in my Zip vocal folder?
Your wav stems (dry), your lyrics and your mp3 demo.
7. How much and when do I get paid?
You'll get paid out once a week. Make sure you set up your payment details correctly in your account (PayPal account).
As a yoursoundmate seller you get 75% of your net sales (which is more than other topline marketplaces offer).
8. Are there any specific requirements for the vocals and toplines I can upload?
You don't need to have the fanciest studio equipment to start selling on yoursoundmates.com. It is important to us though that we provide a general level of high quality since our customers expect a certain level of quality (so please no phone recordings, etc).
As a good home studio equipment for starters we recommend the Focusrite Scarlett Solo Studio (about 230$).
Please also make always sure that you have the rights to upload your toplines/vocals.
9. What file formats are supported for uploads?
Your vocal stems should be in wav form, zipped in a folder together with the lyrics. Your vocal preview must be in mp3 form.
10. How are disputes or issues with buyers handled?
We at yoursoundmates.com always wanna make sure that everyone is happy and satisfied on both ends of the deal! If there should be an issue we are always available at firstname.lastname@example.org com or via www.instagram.com/yoursoundmates and we will try to find a solution to your problem asap!
11. How can I update or modify my existing vocal and topline listings?
You can edit/delete/update your toplines anytime under your seller account. If you need help please feel free to contact us anytime!
12. Can I contact the buyers that purchased my toplines?
Yes, you can! On your dashboard you'll see the contact info of your buyers to get in touch with them.
13. Does yoursoundmates own my toplines and vocals?
No, of course not! You are and you stay the owner of everything that you upload on our website. We are solely here to help you sell your products to our audience. You can delete your products/deactivate your account anytime.
14. What does it mean when I chose to be available for custom projects?
Some of our clients have a specific vision for their project and need custom made vocals. If you opt in for custom projects (in your seller account) it means that buyers can contact you and send you a song request with their instrumental and references. You can decide whether to make an offer to the buyer (incl. price, delivery time, included files, amount of change requests) or if you reject the request.
If you make an offer to the buyer and they accept your terms, you need to deliver your vocal within the agreed time. As soon as your vocal is delivered and accepted, you'll receive your payment.
More questions? No problem! We're happy to answer them and help you becoming a soundmate. Just contact us via Instagram (@yoursoundmates) or send us an email to email@example.com!